ASTORIA — A May 17 event brought Clatsop County business leaders together with top experts in the field of business finance.
“We had a very successful Small Business Administration Resource Partner’s Roundtable and Event on May 17 at Clatsop Community College Lexington Campus in Astoria,” organizer Kevin Leahy said. The event was hosted by the groups Leahy leads, Clatsop Economic Development Resources (CEDR) and Clatsop Community College Small Business Development Center (CCC SBDC).
The event hosted 15 participants at an afternoon session with lenders, SBDC staff, other resource partners and business owners. The evening “main event” had more than 40 attendees at a networking reception and presentations.
SBA District Director Marty Golden was the keynote speaker. In addition, there were “Access to Capital” updates from:
• Business Oregon
• Statewide SBDC Capital Access Team lead Noah Brockman
• Lead advisor for the CCC SBDC David Reid
• Craft 3 executive vice president and CCC SBDC SBM program facilitator Walt Postlewait
• SBA International Trade Specialist Jim Newton
• Dee Edwards from the state of Oregon Government Contract Assistance Program, with details on how to get certified with the state.
Each attendee was sent a copy of Golden’s SBA PowerPoint presentation to use as reference points for the future. All the presenters stressed that CEDR and the CCC SBDC are the local connection for the government agencies. Attendees were reminded that the CCC SBDC provides free and confidential advising.