The Clatsop Economic Development Resources awards celebration brought local businesses and business leaders to the Seaside Civic and Convention Center on April 6.
Fourteen businesses and individuals from across Clatsop County received awards recognizing them for their impact and service to the community.
Former state Sen. Betsy Johnson received the Skip Hauke award for her work in the Legislature that supported her constituents and the county’s economy.
This year’s award recipients include:
• Volunteer Leader Award: Kristin Talamantez, Umpqua Bank
• Exceptional Customer Service, Small Business: Video Horizons
• Economic Impact, Small Business: Una Ves Mas and El Jarocho Mexican restaurants
• Innovation, Small Business: The Magic Shop & More
• Job Retention, Large Business: Cleanline Surf
• Business Leader of the Year, Small Business: Stacey Stahl, Menagerie on Pier 39 and Mess Hall Market
• Community Impact, Small Business: Kit’s Apothecary
• Event Community Impact: Sandcastle Contest, Cannon Beach
• Business Leader of the Year, New Business: Dawn Fujiwara-Pavlik, Crafted in Seaside
• Economic Impact, Large Business: Damarkom Inc.
• Community Impact, Large Business: Fort George Brewery
• Organizational Impact: Oregon Department of Forestry, Astoria District
• Exceptional Customer Service, Large Business: Lum’s Auto Center
• Skip Hauke Spirit of Business, Community Supporter: Betsy Johnson
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.