Let’s start with a sobering thought based upon statistics. Next time you are out in the community, stop and look around you. Within the next 5 years it is likely that 50% of small businesses that you see or encounter will have failed. While sometimes this can be due to sudden or unforeseen challenges, more often than not the failure stems from a combination of lack of business planning and poor leadership.
The good news is there is so much a small business owner can do to avoid these pitfalls. But it requires a commitment from the business owner to make a conscious decision to actively work on their business, not just in it. So where does a business owner start?
Here locally, Clatsop Community College’s award-winning Small Business Management program can be an excellent resource for small business owners who are ready to take their business to the next level.
What is this all about?
If you have been in business for at least a year and are actively seeking resources and knowledge to gain control of your business and take it to the next level, CCC’s Small Business Management program is for you!
Details of the program
What is SBM? An exclusive 10-month executive business management course only for established business owners in which your business is the textbook.
The 90-minute classroom sessions are taught by subject-matter experts and designed to improve knowledge across topics critical to every small business including Leadership & Management, Financial Analysis, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service, HR, Legal, Insurance, Technology and much more.
Completing SBM will improve your ability to:
• Improve your business profitability
• Grow your business by becoming better at communicating and delivering value to your customers
• Become a better leader and manager for your business and your employees
• Read, analyze, and use financial statements
• Understand how business financing works so you can plan for expansion
• Think strategically about your business over its entire life
Learn in three ways
• Classroom time — meet and learn from experts in a variety of disciplines. These 90-minute sessions are held every other Wednesday from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Private advising sessions with a professional business coach who will help you take what you learn in the classroom and apply it immediately to your business.
• Learn from your peers — SBM participants are more than students, they become a team with the shared goal of business success.
The class meets every other Wednesday afternoon starting Sept. 25.
Cost is $695 and includes at least 50 hours of training and coaching, all materials, and resources.
If this program is of interest to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-338-2402 to get more details. Please note we only have a select number of businesses that can be accepted into the program so apply now so we can schedule an interview.
It will be one of the most powerful decisions you have ever made as a business owner.