One of my neighbors commented this month that this might be his last year gathering and splitting his own firewood — it's just getting too grueling to lift his arms above his shoulders and bring them slamming down over and over.
We're excited and happy in my company — EO Media Group — to be adding four more Oregon newspapers to our family of publications.
It’s partly the time of year: With few exceptions, if you intend to start a new business on this coast, it’s best to be up and running no later than July 4 — and Memorial Day weekend or even s…
There are many reasons I’m grateful to live here in this beautiful and always-interesting place.
Never mind that one of my final days in Wyoming was spent helping brand calves alongside a former governor in the shadow of the Tetons, I'm no farm kid. Growing up in the Cowboy State, it took…
- Meet the Merchant: Kaarina Stotts, Neptune Theatre and Tinker Towne Mall
- Elevating Northwest cuisine with Italian inspiration
- Well Preserved: Erick and Johanna Lindgren Cabin
- Astoria Farms branches into Portland market
- Firearms sales on fire: Gun purchases on pace to set new record
- Delicious dream fulfilled: The Chowder Stop serves classic coastal comfort foods
- Home at the Beach
- Well Preserved: Sebastian-Stewart Fish Company
- Pacific County retail marijuana stores, processors report record sales
- CEDR's 2020 membership campaign is underway
Lots of us are feeling a little aggrieved after the snowiest February in recent memory, with icy roads interfering with schools and business. There were even some flurries on March 7 as I writ…