ILWACO — The Columbia River Compact agencies of Oregon and Washington canceled a mainstem commercial gillnet fishery that was set for overnight Aug. 31-Sept. 1.
Yellowtail Rockfish, Sebastes flavidus
Fishpeople of Ilwaco
- Busted Knuckle Garage gets renovation and new crew
- Fixing to sell: Seaview gas station undergoes makeover for fresh start
- News brief: Washington ranks best for workers, Oregon #10
- News brief: Pacific's housing market reflects strong demand
- Clatsop home prices soar as inventory drops
- Emily Lindblom becomes the editor of Coast River Business Journal
- Boat of the Month: Pilot Boat — Astoria
- Six ways to overcome ‘Groundhog Day Syndrome'
- More rooms: Hotel construction picks up speed after pandemic-related delay
- State of Oregon COVID-19 emergency grant funds again available for Clatsop County small businesses
Vessel: Silver Cloud
Vessel: Coho King
ASTORIA — The outbreak of the covid-19 respiratory virus has rippled through seafood markets beginning starting with the Dungeness crab season in January and continues with the commercial salm…
Vessel: F/V PACIFIC VENTURE
The specialist publication Northwest Fishletter on Feb. 3 provided an overview of coming hatchery production increases in Washington state. Over the past 30 years, salmon production at hatcher…
Vessel: Amanda C
Lois Perdue and the team at Hampton Warrenton Mill hosted CEDR/Clatsop CC Small Business Development Center’s 29th annual Forestry Leaders Tour in September.
The Clatsop Forestry & Wood Products Economic Development Committee (CFEDC) invites you to the 29th annual community leader’s forestry tour on Wednesday, Oct. 2 from 7: a.m. to 2 p.m. Tour…
PACIFIC NORTHWEST — For a fourth consecutive year, the news hasn’t been good for Oregon and Washington commercial tuna fisherman.
For once, the Washington Farm Bureau isn’t sure what to say about a new rule proposed by a state agency.
CORVALLIS — Dungeness crab is Oregon’s leading commercial seafood product, bringing in an estimated $75 million in 2018, yet little is known about how far crabs will venture in search of food.
A potential casualty of clash with China
ASTORIA — Clatsop Community College is hosting the Tillamook Bay Community College Truck Driving Training Program in Astoria for area residents to have the opportunity to become CDL Certified …
ASTORIA — Clatsop County logger Jay Browning of J.M. Browning Logging Inc. of Astoria has been chosen as 2018 Operator of the Year for the Northwest Oregon Area.
ILWACO — The start of the 2018-19 commercial Dungeness crab season will be delayed "through at least" Dec. 30, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife announced Friday afternoon.
SOUTH BEND — Over the past decade, many Washington-based seafood processors have been gutted. Increased regulations, labor wages and shipping costs have eroded margins and stifled growth, part…