LONG BEACH — The Pacific County Economic Development Council hosted its annual awards ceremony in late May at the World Kite Museum in Long Beach, with Bank of the Pacific being named Business of the Year.
The bank, founded in Long Beach 50 years ago, serves Pacific and Clatsop counties, with branches and offices from Salem to Bellingham.
Other Economic Development Council award winners
• Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Economic Development to Kathy Spoor, Pacific County administrative officer, who retired earlier this year.
• Emerging Leadership Award: Chinook Indian Nation for ongoing efforts toward federal recognition and ongoing community involvement.
• Leadership Award for Community Service to Katie Lindstrom, director of Pacific County Health and Human Services, “for outstanding leadership in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
• Pacific County Economic Development Council President’s Award to Guy Glenn Jr., “for years of service leadership to the ports of Ilwaco and Chinook, and to the Pacific County Economic Development Council.”
In addition, several Pacific County merchant groups presented awards
• Tokeland-North Cove Chamber of Commerce 2021 Business of the Year: Knock on Wood, owned by Jeffro Uitto.
• Willapa Harbor Chamber of Commerce 2021 Business of the Year: Alder + Co., owned by Jeff Karnatz.
• Ilwaco Merchants Association 2021 Business of the Year: Fish People Seafood.
• Long Beach Merchants Association 2021 Business of the Year: Peninsula Pharmacies, co-owned by Jeff Harrell.
• Ocean Park Area Chamber of Commerce: The Ocean Park Area Chamber of Commerce Board made the unprecedented decision to nominate all chamber business members as annual Pacific County Economic Development Council Business of the Year recipients.